Saturday, November 04, 2006

I finally did it!!!!

Imagine I've yet again been neglecting my blog. Am I bad or what? Tsk tsk.

I've been really busy since my last blog. My hand's healed on the surface now, but it's still healing underneath the skin now. It stings now and then and I can't get a proper grip with that hand anymore. Well, I never had much of a grip in the first place.

I applied for a college course at Stevenson's. 'The Office Experience!' It's a one year course and it focuses on Legal, Medical and Hospitality Reception/Secretarial work. Cool or what? Well, i'm pleased about it anyway. I'm going for an Induction day at 9:30AM on August 22nd. My sister isn't happy about that though. It's her birthday then, but i'm sure she understands. It's not my choice to go that day. I would change it if I could. Anyway, it's also only a couple of days after I come back from a two week holiday. For the first time in my life, I'm having two holidays in one year! Normally we can only afford one holiday every other year. Guess we're lucky this year. It's in EIRE both times, which is basically just across the pond. HA! But it's fun anyway. We went inMarch before with my friend as well. We went for a week to see the St Patrick's Day Festival. It was alright I guess. It's the first festival I've ever been to. Pity it hailed most of the time though. My head was raw by the end. It took over two hours to see the whole festival. Of course, I feel sorry for the people who took part in it. At one point there were some females going along in just thongs and a feather bra. Cold.. ouch!

Anyway, i'm going for two weeks starting on the 5th of August. We're going to stay in a cottage this time, rather than a hotel in Dublin. I didn't like Dublin. It was too noisy and personally, I don't like shops. I prefer cultural things. I must admit though, Dublin had a really good Ghost Bus Tour and Viking Tour. It was fun.

Anyway, I officially start my college course a week or so after I get back from EIRE. I start on the 28th. Goody for me, heh.

Oh. And my most exciting news of all. I finally finished my book!! I've been working on it for a couple of years and I've finally finished the first draft. I'm editing it now, then i'm going to see about getting it published. It's only the first in a series. So, I've still got a lot of writing to do after this. Oyvey!! Wish me luck, eh?

It's called, Raza's Journey, and I'm hoping it's going to be a hit. I want to try and make writing my full-time career at some point in the future, so.. here's hoping. I love writing, so I guess that helps too. Well, back to the editing. Guhh!!

No comments: