Saturday, November 04, 2006

Juicy Fruiter

Juicy Fruiter

I sat down and had a good read of Juicy Fruiter. I was really interested. Being a Park Ranger seems to be an interesting job. I love the outdoors myself, and would want to protect it. Being a Park Ranger would be cool, but I can't do that right now, being as how I happen to live in a capital city, where the most nature you'll find is a small, unkempt little park with a polluted burn - fish died from the pollution a couple years ago - and lots of scheming little buggers who pull up plants, break trees and chase squirrels - my dad calls them tree rats - back up the trees or into corners.

Well, I suppose I could try something. Not too long ago though, a farmer gave up all his land to the public for their use. Very nice of him, I must admit. It's miles huge, well, perhaps two or three in diameter, but it's nice. Apparently, there's supposed to be foxes around there. There's some rabbits, and even a pheasant. Don't know where it came from, but who cares.

There used to be more rabbits and foxes around there when it was a proper farm, but since it was given up to the public, thugs and morons pile around there lighting fires, using drugs etc. There's a huge recycling/rubbish tip right next to the farm, but people still dump their unwanted goods all over the place. Everywhere I go, I see cookers, microwaves, hoovers, computers and general household rubbish strewn all over the ground. And to make it even worse, thugs drag cars or motorbikes into the farm and promptly set it on fire. There's almost always a fire in there, usually a vehicle. And these same thugs and more also come roaring into the place on motorbikes or quadbikes, ripping up the ground and plants and chasing rabbits and other animals. People like to walk through there because it's a nice place to be, surrounded by trees. But it's not safe any more.

But, it's even harder to get in there right now anyway, because the council are building allotments in one of the fields and the main entrance is constantly blocked by large machinery or closed off by gates. It wouldn't matter so much except for the bikers who taunt people and sometimes even throw things at people as they go past when you go in the secondary entrance up by the tip.

Maybe someone can give me some advice on what I can do. I don't have enough time to join one of these environmental groups, the major ones that is, but if I knew what to do, I might be able to do something myself when I get the time.

It just really bugs me that people can be so cruel to nature. Since reading Juicy Fruiter, I really feel more positive about doing what I can. I mean, the farm is actually just across the road from me, so all the damage people do that land is affecting my family, neighbours and I aswell. Burning fuel and everything. Pollution. Grrrr!

Ha. There I go, ranting on. What a moaner I can be. But, still. Any advice would be great. I could be a private Ranger. Or something like that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fetching fitting post. I honest stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have exceedingly enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any conduct I' ll be subscribing to your board and I fancy you transmit again soon.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]